This page contains the list of conditions currently considered to be Hepatobiliary system auto immune disorders that concern the liver and gallbladder and a brief overview of each with links to more in depth information.
- Chronic active hepatitis (CAH), or autoimmune hepatitis, is a disease of the liver usually occuring by itself, but sometimes with other autoimmune diseases e.g. lupus or APL syndrome. Symptoms include joint pain, nausea, fatigue and abdominal discomfort. Columbia University Article NDDIC
- Crohn's Disease - bowel disease with persistent inflammation of the lining or wall of the gastrointestinal tract. Major symptoms include abdominal pain and diarrhea. Healthline HealthInsite NIDDK
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) also called Hanot Syndrome, is a chronic liver disease, where the body detroys the cells lining the bile ducts in the liver. Better Health pbc Foundation
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) symptoms are itching, fatigue and yellowing of the eyes or skin. Medicinenet Liver Foundation
- Celiac disease reacts to dietary proteins found in wheat, rye, and barley. This leads to inflammation of the small intestine and can cause diarrhea, constipation, anemia, fatigue, weakness, bone pain & muscle cramps. Celiac Disease Foundation Gluten Intolerance Group National Digestive Diseases: Celiac Awareness Campaign Do I Have Celiac Disease? MedlinePlus
- Pernicious anemia prevents the absorption of B 12 vitamin causing, paleness, weakness and nerve damage. MedicineNet
- Inflammatory bowel disease (
IBD).Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are known as inflammatory bowel disease.
- Ulcerative colitis (UC). Common symptoms are abdominal discomfort and blood or pus in diarrhea. NDDIC